Saturday, November 23, 2013

Day 23 30 Days, 30 Cards



Aloha, Gia back again for my second card sketch this month. As we near the end of the month I hope you will use the time left to link up some cards for a chance to win a prize! Plus... its fun, and I hate to say it but there are less than five weeks left before Christmas! Speaking of Christmas, you won't want to miss what the Design Team has in store for December. A month of December Daily posts! We have nine different albums-all unique and special just to inspire YOU! 

Okay, getting back to my card-here is the sketch from Page Maps.



Here is my take on it. 




 I decided to break up the symmetry of the three elements just a bit in order to accommodate my friend-- the Glitz Hello December deer. I was able to find the hearts among the coordinating stickers (that was just a lucky coincidence) but rather than use a postal cancellation stamp which would have left the overall design flat I decided to get a little bumpy with a "Be Merry" Flair from Lawn Fawn as my round element. Sometimes a sketch is a jumping off point for your own creativity- so I say go ahead and jump away!


Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to link up to play along. 




4 comments:

Lynn said...

Such a bright, cheer-filled card! I am going to try this sketch. Have a great weekend.

Lacey said...

Darling card!! I love this paper line and what you did with it. Super cute :)

Rosann said...

i love these. I can see these in a Hawaii christmas :)

Cathie said...

This is a super cute card Gia!